Tuesday 28 June 2016

Kefalonia, the Island of Peace

Hey There!

So if you read my previous blog post (sorry it's so long!) you'll know I've recently come back from Kefalonia! I went with my parents and one of my friends, where we stayed in separate apartments, but my parents had a private pool so we spent a lot of time there! There will be lots of pictures coming up so be prepared! 

We stayed in the Apostolata Island Resort and Spa in the Southern part of the Island near Skala. It was a very peaceful resort, so anyone who likes a drink or enjoys a party, this is probably not the place to be. If however you enjoy a nice peaceful holiday, where you have very few people bothering you throughout the day and spend your evening playing cards with light entertainment, this is the place to be. The views were incredible, the food was lovely, and the peace was to die for. Skala was the closest beach/town, and it was beautiful there as well. We went to the beach one day, and it may have rained and the sea may have been extremely pebbley, but it was still nice to spend the day staring at the sea. We also went to Skala for dinner one night and went to a cocktail bar, and that was lovely as well, I mean, who could say no to a strawberry daiquiri!!! 

I also went on a couple of excursions with my friend so I got to explore some of the island, and let's just say the roads may have made my life flash before my eyes a couple of times. But I survived it, and I have never seen views like it. It seemed whenever I looked out the window I would see these beautiful green mountains, or endless views of the sea. Those days I may have spent a majority of the time in a coach, but I also got to see some of the highlights of the island. I got to see Melissani Lake, the town of Fiskardo, Myrtle Bay, and the Drogarati Caves (which yes I thought was out of Game of Thrones but sadly it isn't). I also went on a boat trip which sadly was in bad weather and, honest to God, if anyone in the UK has been on the Isle of Wight ferry in a thunderstorm, it felt a heck of a lot like that! But eventually the weather did improve and we managed to have a nice BBQ on the beach and have a mud bath with a bunch of strangers. One item was also ticked off my bucket list as I managed to see dolphins and I'm pretty sure there was a tear in my eye. I have no idea why I wanted to see them so much, but I'm so glad I did!!

One of the things I love about going on holiday is escaping from problems. No matter how crap a situation is, being in a separate country makes it feel like those problems are a million miles away (which I guess is sort of true). Through this whole holiday, my Grandad was in hospital so that was on my mind the whole time, but I was still able to mostly switch off. I feel like I've said this before, and if I have I'm sorry, but seeing the sea is always calming. I don't know what it is, but watching the waves and looking out into the vast space is relaxing, and it is a feeling I cannot get enough of! But anyway, enough of that! You need to see some pictures!!!

(the Alps from the plane window)

(our private pool)

(beach view from our room)

(Chapel next to our room)

(Melissani Lake)

(one of our views from lunch)

(Skala)

They are a couple of pictures of what Kefalonia is like! And they definitely don't do it justice at all! I probably say it about all the places I have been, but it really is one of the prettiest places. It was nice and quiet, so a lot of reading was done! And a lot of relaxing was done! I couldn't recommend going there enough!!

Lots of Love

Girl Without a Plan, Making Plans 
xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment