Thursday 21 January 2016

We Are All Terminal...

Hi There!

So I think you can guess from the title of this blog post, it's going to go deep. So be prepared...

Over the past week and a bit, we have lost a number of well-loved celebrities, including well loved Professor Snape (Alan Rickman) from the Harry Potter series. The deaths that have happened have really saddened me, but they have also opened my eyes to something. The concept of everyone being terminal. 

In this sense, I mean we all have a limited number of days on this earth. I believe as soon as we are born, a countdown has started and we have a limited number of years, days, hours, and minutes to make our mark on the world. Even if we don't want to accept it, we are all going to leave this place at some moment in time. It can be expected, or it may come as a shock, but we aren't going to stay around forever. 

I guess what I'm saying is, we have to make our impact on the world, no matter how small or large, at every given opportunity we have. We all have a countdown for how long we have here, and we need to make the most of it. If you want to go travelling, go travelling. If you want to sky dive, sky dive. If you want to make a life saving drug, make a life saving drug. 

Because we are all terminal, with an illness called life. 

Girl Without a Plan, Making Plans
xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment