Wednesday 6 May 2015

Becoming an Adult


Hey There!


I can now officially say that I am 18. THAT MEANS I'M OFFICIALLY AN ADULT!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It has been an incredible 18 years, I've made so many friends, made so many memories, I cannot wait to see what the next 18 years of my life bring!

I have to say, I have been milking my birthday, like I am probably going to be celebrating it every day for the next month. The celebrations however started last weekend, when I went out for a meal with my family. I have an extremely small family (like there are literally about 14 of us!!!) and a majority of them came out for this meal. It was amazing to have the family all together because it is impossible for us all to meet as we are always so busy. It was nice though because as a family we are so relaxed and we can have a good laugh. The food was lovely as well so that made me really happy as well :) Even though I was 17 at the time, my nan still insisted that she buy me my first 'legal' drink as an adult (because obviously it's legal now) and I had myself a lovely vodka and coke. I did drink it extremely quickly though so it went to my head straight away haha. Overall though it was a really good day and I loved it. 

Then on Sunday, I went up London with my friends and we went to go and see the Lion King in the theatre. Let me just get it out there, it was INCREDIBLE. There is no other word I can use to describe it. Within the first 20 seconds of them singing the Circle of Life I was already nearly in tears. It was so moving and the way everyone was dressed as animals just made it so good!! If you haven't seen it, there aren't enough words I can use to try and persuade you to go, it won't disappoint (I pinky swear). Another highlight was that again, even though I wasn't 18, I still managed to get my alcohol and got another vodka and coke, while my friends got cocktails (I'm not an alcoholic by the way, but if the opportunity is there I will be having that vodka!!!) At some point I will actually buy a drink legally haha. After that we went out for a nice meal and we hung around London for a while going to all the sites and taking lots of pictures. It will definitely be a day that I remember. 

And then finally, yesterday, when it actually was my birthday, even though I was in school, I got to spend a lot of time with my friends (even if they did make it awkward for me by getting me balloons and a massive Millie's cookie!!). I just love spending time with them, we are always laughing or having fun, it's amazing. And when I finally made it home I had a lovely curry with my parents while having a nice relaxing day. They gave me amazing presents which I am extremely thankful for, and it has definitely been a good birthday!

Overall, becoming an adult has been a good experience. I finally got to vote, I can buy alcohol legally, and I can finally go and see Fifty Shades of Grey!! I have to say though, as great as it feels to be an adult, I don't want to grow up. I love being called a kid, where people can treat you to things and do things for you. Now I'm older, I have to try and become more independent. That will definitely be a challenge. It has always been me, my mum and my dad, so now becoming independent means I can't rely on them to do everything for me. But oh well, these things happen.One day everyone becomes an adult and it's an exciting experience I have to say. I hope all your birthdays are as good as mine!!!

Girl Without a Plan, Making Plans
xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment